1. POLICY: We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and clients. We appreciate that as our customer, you trust us with your personal information. In handling your personal information we will act ethically and as evidence of this commitment, we will comply with the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 and the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended) in relation to the personal information you give to us about you and, where relevant, the Policies and Codes of Industry Groups to which we belong. This Policy explains our general practices in handling personal information. If you need further information, have questions about our privacy practices, please contact us.
2. COLLECTION AND DISCLOSURE: We collect personal information for the purpose of providing our services. The sort of personal information we need from you, will be determined by the service provided. For Fastrack Health to provide appropriate services, there may be occasions whereby your personal information may be disclosed to third parties. The disclosure of this information however will only be discussed in circumstances where bv your written consent is obtained and your full knowledge of reasons surrounding this disclosure occurs. Information we collect will not be rented, sold or exchanged to third parties unauthorised to receive it.
3. EMAIL: We will only record your email address if you send us an email, and we may also preserve the content if we consider it necessary or desirable to do so. Any personal information contained in your email, including your email address will only be used for the purpose you have provided it. You should be aware that emails are not necessarily secure and if you have concerns about the security of the contents of an email then you should consider contacting us by other means.
4. ACCESS AND CORRECTION: You can request access to the personal information we hold about you by: a) Phoning Fastrack Health on 1300 822 464. Be aware that prior to your accessing this information, you will be asked a series of security questions to identify you and ensure we are not providing your personal information to someone else. b) Writing to Fastrack Health and providing us with full details of what you would like to know or see. Upon receipt of this request, you will be contacted by phone to verify your request and asked relevant security questions. c) Calling in at a Fastrack Health office and providing us with appropriate identification. If it is not practical to deal with your access request at this time we will arrange an alternative time for you to attend. In some circumstances we may not agree to allow you access to some or all of the personal information we hold about you such as when it is unlawful to give it to you. In such cases we will give you reasons for our decision. We will endeavour to respond to your request as quickly as possible. Depending on the nature of your request and the accessibility of the information we aim to respond immediately. If accessing your personal information will take an extended period of time, we will inform you of the delay. At any time you wish to change personal information that is incorrect, please contact us as soon as possible. We will endeavour to amend such changes as soon as possible. If such personal information is required for legal or administrative purposes, we will however retain such information.
5. SECURITY: We take all reasonable steps to maintain the security of personal information that we hold. We have information security policies in place for both computer records and our paper files, which aim to minimise the risk of unauthorised access to your personal information. These measures all comply with the privacy guidelines contained within the Privacy Act. Your information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. We require our employees and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. Unfortunately, with relation to our website, no data transmission over the Internet can be completely secure, so we cannot give an absolute assurance that the information you provide to us via the Internet will be secure at all times. We will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information. Please contact us if you want further information about our website security practices. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of this website by an Internet user or any other breach of security. In addition please notify us if you become aware of unauthorised use of your personal information in other forms.
6. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: We are committed to giving our clients a fair and responsive system for resolving issues regarding the handling of their private information. If you have a complaint about privacy or you do not agree with a decision we have made regarding access to your personal information, we have an internal dispute resolution process. We may ask you to give us the full details of your complaint in writing. In the first instance we will ensure that: any complaint is handled by our Privacy Officer who has authority to deal with it, and the Privacy Officer will review your complaint, consider the facts and contact you to resolve your complaint as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours. If the dispute cannot be resolved to your satisfaction, it will be referred to Fastrack Health, who will endeavour to contact you within 15 working days from the date you first made your complaint. If you are not satisfied with our decision you can direct your written complaint to the Federal Privacy Commissioner at: Federal Privacy Commissioner, GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 1042; or phone toll free 1800 620 241 for further information.
The information available from www.fastrackhealth.com.au is intended as a general reference source. Reliance by any party on the contents of this website shall be at their own risk and Fastrack Health accept no liability whatsoever and howsoever arising for the consequence thereof. Links to other websites are provided for your convenience. Fastrack Health do not accept responsibility for information or services on any website beyond our own and cannot be held accountable for the placement or juxtaposition of a www.fastrackhealth.com.au link on any other site. Copyright 2015 Fastrack Health. This work is copyright. You may download, display, print and reproduce material on this site in unaltered form only (retaining this notice) for your personal, non-commercial use or use within your organisation. Apart from any use as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, all other rights are reserved. Images on this website have been sourced from Istockphoto.com.
Issue date: 1st February 2016